Um, is it just me or is this the winter that will never end? Seriously, I don’t think I can take another cloudy/rainy day of 40 degrees. Why did I move to Ohio??? Luckily, I’m going to LA for two weeks at the end of April. I literally cannot wait.
Do you remember this feature? Where I share links to cool articles and blogs? Well, here ya go. I’ve also included some links to some vintage ColleenWelsch.com (Coocoo for Coco era), if you’d like to go back to 2010 and see that one time I had bangs. Because, yes, this blog really is that old.
- I’m really considering doing the “330 Day Challenge” next year, based entirely on this article. Avoiding paying US taxes and using the savings to travel the world? Yes, please!
- This fascinating history of leopard print struck a chord with me. I have a few great leopard print pieces, which I love because they make me feel like Ann-Margret. Yet somehow they rarely make it out of the house because I’m concerned that I look trashy (a perennial insecurity for me).
- Man Repeller exams why people ghost. If you’re prone to ghosting, trust me on this: it’s so much easier to rip off the bandaid with a “thanks but no thanks” text then dodge someone and hope you never see them IRL for the rest of your life.
- I aspire to Marie Kondo’s zen-like level of organization.
- You’ve heard of facial massage (maybe?), now get ready for face yoga.
- If I weren’t on such a tight spending budget for my trip to Europe this summer (or fall), I would definitely be shopping on eBay after reading this guide.
- People in 36 different places all over the world recorded the ambient noises of their location, resulting in Orbitz Soundscapes project. It’s really cool! (Although I must say, Denmark looks a lot like Youngstown’s own Mill Creek Park).
- I love this collection of pink and green home inspiration.
- I can’t find the source for this image, but I am loving this matte multi-pastel manicure for spring.
- I really want a straw bag for this summer. I’m digging this one and this one.
- Confession: I have worn the same denim shorts for like the past 5 years. They’re too big, and I need an upgrade. I love these jorts, but they’re SO expensive for shorts. I guess I can justify the cost per wear if I’m going to wear them for another 5 years though…
- These star-spangled sandals are essential to my wellbeing this summer. As are these pink sunglasses.
- I like to just have ONE pair of shoes that I wear until they fall apart, and these are my pick for this summer.
- Do we need these enormous cherry earrings? No. But should we have them? Yes.
- These are rain boots I would actually wear.
- This very psychedelic bodysuit is perfect for living your own personal summer of love.
- In my fantasy life where I could pull off dressy joggers without looking sloppy, I would wear these.
- This simple red, strappy bathing suit is life.
On the Blog
My mom and I went to Phoenix for Indians Spring Training.
I shared my ten best romantic comedies, because my life is a romantic comedy sans romantic interest (so, just a comedy).
One year ago:
I swooned over rainbow makeup.
I went to Joshua Tree and took, like, a thousand pictures.
Two years ago:
I celebrated Carolyn’s 30th birthday at Malibu Wines.
Three years ago:
I hung out with Carolyn and Dave for the first time.
I shared a tour of my old apartment in Columbus.
And even further back:
Alicia and I made some super-sweet blood orange Old Fashioneds.
I shared a wishlist of some pretty heinous red shoes.
WHAT HAVE YOU GUYS BEEN INTO LATELY?