Have you been on this Fashiolista website yet? I seem to fall prey to these types of websites. Anyhow, it’s a great way to find items that inspire you and keep track of them, as well as communicate with others. Who, if you’re like me, are people you follow on Bloglovin anyhow.
Lately I’ve been “loving” everything with a fringe. Fringe leather jacket? Love it. Fringe leather purse? Love it. Fringe moccasin boots? Love it, may possibly buy it come fall. But my absolute favorite fringe items are not Western-themed. Instead, they feel like something Ann-Margret would wear in Viva Las Vegas. I call it Show Girl Chic.
I think this only further proves that I am slowly morphing into Dolly Parton. And would that be such a bad thing?
You can check out more of my picks on Fashiolista here.
I’m trying to improve this blog, and one of the ways that I am attempting to do this is my creating some weekly features. On Fridays I plan to feature a link round-up to highlight my favorite blog posts from the week. I read A LOT of blogs and have a hard time keeping up with my Bloglovin feed, but I will try my darndest to keep up so you can get the best of what I’ve read this week. This week will feature two weeks of blog loving (ha!) since that’s how long I’ve been saving them up in Stickies.
1. I’ve Got a Lust for Life wore this FABULOUS dress to prom that her sister designed. How jealous are you?
2. Child of the Moon ran this awesome birthday tribute to Paul McCartney (my obsession) and posted a lot of inspiration pics of 1960’s Saint-Tropez
3. The Hairpin’s spot-on description of what it’s like for awkward women to go to the gym
4. Sea of Shoes posted a lot of pictures of vintage It girls, including Jane Birkin and Jerry Hall and movies with great style
5. Vixen Vintage melted a bunch of lipsticks together and it turned out awesome, like pretty much everything else she does
6. Have you seen The Cherry Blossom Girl’s pictures from Kenya? They are completely amazing, and are really making me wish that I had a VCR so I could watch my copy of The Lion King! This is just one set, but there’s many more…
7. Child of the Moon also posted a really interesting account of 1940’s fashions with lots of examples
8. Young Shields shared a Claudia Schiffer-heavy post of 90’s Chanel campaigns
9. Take-out in Couture provides an amazing neon mood board
10. I’m obsessed with this outfit from Fashionvibe
11. WOULD YOU LOOK AT THIS BUNNY?! Making Magique may in fact be the luckiest girl alive (other than the Duchess of Cambridge)
That about wraps it up. This weekend I have two major parties and I’m relatively excited, although for some reason I’ve been feeling more like staying in and reading. I guess I’ll just have to suck it up, put on some fake tanner, and go outside.
What are your plans for this weekend?