Helloooooo buddies. I feel like these recap and goals posts have become really popular. I don’t know if anyone is interested in reading about what I’m trying to do, but I don’t mind bragging about my accomplishments and talking about my plans. I feel like if you write your goals down, you are more likely to follow through on them. Especially if you write them down and post them on the internet, where everyone can see.
Personal Accomplishments in July
I didn’t set goals in July since this is a new series, but I just want to talk a little bit about what I accomplished.
- Found employment! I got a part-time job as a dog walker and I’ve also landed a part time copywriting position for Real Techniques brushes. Additionally, I’ve been writing articles for Relationup and Toppik.
- Lost 8 pounds! Just been working out and eating better. I guess I’m getting more walking in since I’m catching so many Pokemon…
- Quit drinking! I haven’t had a drink since July 22nd. I might write a separate post about this, but basically my drinking was making me feel like garbage and I was feeling super unmotivated. Now that I’m a freelancer, I don’t have time to lie around with a hangover. I NEED TO HUSTLE.
Blog & Social Media Stats
I’m not unhappy about these numbers. I genuinely didn’t spend as much time promoting my blog in July. I’m getting a routine in place now, and August is going to be totally amazing. Just you watch.
Most popular posts in July:
Far and away, my most popular posts are my photography-heavy lifestyle/diary posts. I’m not sure if this is because a big percentage of my traffic is from my friends and my family. I have a feeling that these get more views because my friends are clicking to see if they made it into the post. Not that there’s anything wrong with that!
I am really on the fence about where I should go with the content of this blog. Truly, I prefer the lifestyle/diary type posts as well. I love photography and honestly, those are the easiest posts because I don’t have to write a lot. All I have to do is go on an adventure and edit some photos! On the flip side though, they’re not great for SEO.
Social Media Stats
|Avg. daily impressions||1,093||2,300||110.43%|
|Avg. daily viewers||812||1,573||93.72%|
|Avg. daily saves||6||12||100.00%|
|Avg. daily people saving||5||11||120.00%|
|Avg. daily clicks||2||4||100.00%|
|Avg. daily visitors||2||3||50.00%|
|Avg. monthly viewers||21497||31,729||47.60%|
|Avg. monthly engaged||187||352||88.24%|
I’m killing it on Pinterest! I used Pinterest a lot more in July, and gaining more traction on this platform is going to be one of my main goals for August.
I am most decidedly NOT killing it on Twitter. I set up a post recycler on Statusbrew, but honestly that’s about the only thing I’ve done with Twitter in July. I’m still losing followers from my last great unfollowing session. I guess you could say my stats are recovering from my addiction to following & unfollowing. Sorry, world!
|Total # of Posts||7||13||85.71%|
Instagram remains a consistently good platform for me. I didn’t write down how many followers I had at the end of June, so who can really say?
- Get all my car stuff registered in California. My purse was stolen last week with my brand new Ohio drivers license inside. I think it’s a sign. It’s time to commit to California.
- Lose 5 pounds. This shouldn’t be hard now that I’m walking dogs for a few hours every day. Additionally, I’m not drinking and I’m eating great, so I feel super confident about accomplishing this goal.
- Stay on the wagon. I’m not sure if this not drinking thing is going to be a “for the rest of my life” deal (I hate commitment), but I think it would be a kind deed to let my liver regenerate for the rest of August.
Blog/Social Media Goals
- Post consistently 3x per week. I’ve been all over the place with posting, basically since Day One of blogging. I’ve made a calendar and I am going to stick to it GOSH DARN IT.
- Hit 2,500 visits in August. I plan on doing this by posting consistently, basic promotion on social media, and commenting on a few new blogs every day. Nothing fancy!
- Fix my portfolio. I hate the way my portfolio page looks right now. I need to divide it up between photography and writing so I have relevant work to show potential clients. Right now it’s just confusing.
- Reach 1,000 Pinterest followers. I’ve started using Tailwind (which I love!). I’m aiming to pin 50 posts every day. It’s a lot. But I’m doing it.
- Post on Instagram every day. I have, like, a huge backlog of images that I could be posting on Instagram. I’ve been using the Later app, it’s super helpful!
What are your goals for August? What did you accomplish in July? Let me know in the comments!