While in the process of being bored to death while at home, I read through my old blog entries a bit and found a list of New Years resolutions I made for 2010. It seems to be the norm that everybody forgets about their resolutions after a while, and we make the same resolutions every year. However, looking over mine, I think I had some big successes in 2010.
These were last year’s resolutions:
1. Listen to something other than The Beatles. A series of events caused this to go quite well. First, my Geo started dying. Second, my dad bought me a new car, equipped with a CD player that mystically does not play burned CDs and does not have a tape deck. Thus, I can only listen real CDs in my car. IMAGINE. So I started actually buying albums, and my boyfriend let me borrow his (since he has an ipod in his car…bastard). Now I listen to Animal Collective, The Black Keys, Gorillaz, Vampire Weekend, Queen, MIA, Sleigh Bells, Eagles, The Beach Boys, Led Zeppelin, etc. But let’s be honest, I still put in The Beatles every now and then. I will never lose affection.
2. Be more positive. Maybe I just stopped being depressed or something, but this definitely happened for me. Now I can’t stand to listen to people bitch about shit (sorry, that’s bitching). I’m always trying to look on the bright side, probably because I am actually living on the bright side now.
3. Employ good hygiene before bed. Well, I still usually can’t be bothered to wash my face after a night of drinking, but overall, I’ve gotten better with this because I’ve noticed how much better I feel in the morning if I wash my face and brush my teeth. No more second day mascara!
4. Spend less time on the internet. Well…you win some, you lose some.
GREAT SUCCESS! Now let’s move on to some resolutions for this year…
1. Tone and tighten. I have been swimming once in the past two years. I am never in a bathing suit, so why would I have any motivation to actually care what I look like in one? Well, this year my family is allegedly going to the beach. I want to be stronger and fitter than in summers past. And this resolution will also help me with my second…
2. Take more outfit photos. I probably need a tripod before I can really get going on this, but how can I call myself a fashion blogger if no one ever knows what I wear? I’d like to get more involved in Chictopia, but I feel like I don’t “get it.”
3. Eat less processed foods. Now that I have my fancy knives, I really want to start cooking again! I need to stop eating Lean Cuisines and canned soup all the time. It’s just not healthy. Imagine all the chemicals! I’ve always really enjoyed cooking, and I want to get back into that hobby.
4. Build a better wardrobe. Lately I’ve been shopping more, and I feel that I’ve been buying some really interesting pieces. I want to continue on in this fashion, employing my new knowledge from Janie Bryant’s The Fashion File. People, pick this book up! It’s awesome!
5. Be a better blogger. I’m not really sure how to do this, but I want to reach more people through blogging and build relationships with fashion- and vintage-minded people all over the world.
6. Write in my diary more. This seems to have gone by the wayside in favor of blogging, but I’ve been keeping a diary since 1997 and I really need to keep on in that tradition.
7. Be more clean and organized. Enough said.
8. GRADUATE FROM COLLEGE!!!! I am predicting that I will be done in December of 2011, so I can get one last football season in!
And no, I don’t want to talk about that whole suspension thing. UGH.
So…I hope these work out. I mean, they will. See, I do think positively.
What are your resolutions?