Christmas was tons of fun! My family and I always open our presents on Christmas morning. My dad made us sweet rolls which we ate with coffee before tearing into our presents. I got lots of really cool things that I’m very excited about.
1. Mad Men Christmas! I got Mad Men Season 3, The Illustrated World of Mad Men, and The Fashion File by Mad Men’s costume designer Janie Bryant
2. Inside The Fashion File. I really recommend this book, it’s fantastic!
3. A jewelry box that I made my mom buy for me two days before Christmas
4. A Juicy Couture charm from my sister and a gold pen necklace from my parents
5. Detail on my parrot Juicy Couture charm
6. Detail on the gold pen necklace
7. Viva La Juicy gift set
8. Detail on Viva La Juicy
9. My sister got me a Bruce Jenner action figure! What a find! It’s so cool
10. Detail on Bruce Jenner action figure
11. My sister also got me leopard print flannel pajamas and a very pretty pink sweater
12. Detail on the crystal buttons of the sweater
13. I don’t know how excited other people would be about this, but my parents bought me new knives and a cutting board! We don’t have either at my apartment. Thus, I’ve been eating a lot of Lean Cuisines and canned soup instead of home-cooked meals. I can’t wait to actually cook again!
14. When You Are Engulfed in Flames by David Sedaris. I love him!
15. (not pictured) I got a goddamn camera!!!!! Couldn’t you tell? It’s Nikon, and I think it’s pretty nice, even though I haven’t read all of the user’s manual yet.
After we opened our gifts, we ate bagels with cream cheese, onion, tomato, and smoked salmon while watching DVDs of our home movies. They were very embarrassing…and it was really strange to see our poor dead doggies and all these people I was friends with in high school and haven’t really thought about since. Last night I had some freaky ass high school dreams, no doubt influenced by those videos. After lunch, we showered and headed over to my grandma’s house to hang out with my mom’s side of the family.
Other pictures of the day:
|Seconds before Gibby almost ripped Morgan’s face off.|
|An awesome Elvis blanket that I got for Morgan!|
|This is almost too festive.|
|At Grandma’s, drinking moonshine.|
Anyhow, it was a really fun time! Dare I say, the best Christmas ever? Now I’m just wearing my pajamas all day while I do laundry and watch 27 Dresses. Yay winter break!